Breakdown cover with unlimited callouts, 24/7 helpline and no excess

Boiler Response

Get complete peace of mind at an affordable price with Boiler Response cover.

6.95per month
Get covered

What does Boiler Response cover?

  • Your primary heating system
  • Contributions towards boiler replacement
To view our summary of cover document click here

Home + Boiler Response

Protect yourself against a range of household emergencies for just 9.95 per month.

9.95per month
Get covered

All the cover you'd get from our Boiler Response policy, plus cover for:

  • Plumbing and drainage problems
  • Property security (including lost keys)
  • Internal electricity, gas and water supply emergencies
  • Overnight accommodation when your home is uninhabitable
To view our summary of cover document click here

Home breakdown insurance

Most of us take hot water and heating for granted, but if your boiler suddenly breaks down, you could be left without either of these - not to mention a costly repair bill.

Depending on the fault, the repair bill could stretch into the thousands, and it can be difficult if you don't have this sort of money 'lying around' to cover the cost.

That's where Boiler Response insurance can help.

Although it's not a legal requirement, boiler insurance is something all homeowners should really consider. If you'd like the peace of mind of knowing your boiler and central heating system are protected, find out more about boiler cover through Think Insure.

Get covered Top

Boiler Response

Boiler Response can protect you if your primary heating system breaks down.

It can also provide boiler replacement contributions towards the cost of a brand new boiler. Basically, if your boiler isn't worth fixing, your policy could contribute up to 500 towards the cost of a replacement.

In other words, whether your boiler needs repairing or replacing, we could help.

How does it work?

When a contractor is called out to repair/replace your boiler, they will charge the cost of all the emergency work covered by your Boiler Response policy direct to your insurer (within the claim limit of 500).

It's as simple as that.

The only costs you'll be required to cover are any work not covered by your boiler insurance policy and any additional costs incurred at your request, such as upgrades. (You'd also have to pay the contractor's call-out charge if there's no-one there when they arrive at your property, or any repairs above the 500 claim limit).

Protect yourself against costly repairs

Without boiler insurance, the cost of repairing / replacing your heating system could be far higher than you think.

But your heating system isn't the only thing that needs protection.

Other repairs and problems around your home can be just as costly - such as damage to your roof, or a gas leak.

That's where Home + Boiler Response can help.

Get covered Top

Home + Boiler Response

Never welcome, emergencies* around the home do happen - often at the worst of times.

So protecting yourself against unexpected events before they happen is very important.

Think Insure Home + Boiler Response offers you protection against some of the most common home emergencies - from electricity failures to blocked toilets.

What is covered?

Home + Boiler Response offers you all the cover and support you'd receive with boiler insurance, plus much more:

  • Plumbing and drainage problems
    Damage to - or failure of - your plumbing and drainage system (where internal flooding or water damage is likely).

    Blocked toilets and blocked external drains within the boundaries of your home (where this can be fixed by jetting).
  • Internal electricity, gas and water supply problems
    Electricity failure of at least one complete circuit, gas leaks and water supply system failure.
  • Security problems
    Damage to - or failure of - external locks, external doors and external windows.
  • Access problems
    Loss of the only key that can gain access to the property - when it can't be replaced and means the house cannot be accessed in the 'normal' way.
  • Pest problems
    Infestations: wasp nests, hornet nests, house mice, field mice, rats and cockroaches.
  • Roof damage
    Sudden and unexpected damage to the roof of your property.
  • Overnight accommodation
    Overnight accommodation costs (up to a maximum of 250 (including VAT)) when the house is uninhabitable because it has not been possible to resolve the emergency following work carried out by a contractor.

What isn't covered?

Any insurance cover will have its exclusions - after all, it's just not possible to cover yourself against every eventuality! It's important that you read through the policy documents and check out our FAQs to make sure you know what is and isn't covered.

For example:

  • A policy might cover you for the removal of wasp nests, but not if the problem doesn't directly affect the living areas of your home.
  • A policy might cover you for damage to external locks or doors, but not to internal locks or doors.

It's important that you read through the policy documents and check out our FAQs to make sure you know what is and isn't covered.

Get covered Top

Boiler Response & Home + Boiler Response - some FAQs

If you've got any questions about Boiler Response or Home + Boiler Response, you might find what you're looking for here. Alternatively, you could call one of our insurance agents, who'll be happy to deal with any queries you have.

Do I need boiler insurance?

Although boiler insurance isn't a legal requirement, it's something all homeowners could benefit from. Without protection, a simple breakdown could lead to a lot of trouble and a lot of expense.

Even if you've recently had a new boiler fitted, that doesn't mean there's no risk, even if your system is less likely to break down than an older model.

Get in touch today and find out how much it could cost to protect your heating system.

Is my boiler eligible for boiler cover?

Some boilers/heating systems may not be eligible for Home + Boiler Response. For example:

  • Boilers over 15 years old
  • Boilers over 238,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units) net input
  • Solar heating systems

If you're unsure about your boiler's eligibility, just give us a call on 0800 195 2914.

Think Home + Boiler Response

What's the difference between Boiler Response and Home + Boiler Response?

Home + Boiler Response policy gives you all the cover that Boiler Response provides.

But that's not all.

It also covers you against a whole range of other household emergencies that you may come up against.

To put it simply, Home + Boiler Response offers your home the 'next level' of protection.

*An emergency is classed as a sudden and unforeseen situation which, if not dealt with urgently, would: leave the home unsafe or unsecure; damage, or cause further damage to the home, or cause unreasonable discomfort, risk or difficulties for/to you.

Subject to eligibility and exclusions. Policy conditions apply. Calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes. All prices are inclusive of insurance premium tax where applicable. Calls to 0800 numbers from BT landlines are usually free, calls from other networks may vary and you should check with your network provider for full details of your service.

This home emergency insurance is underwritten by UK Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited, Ageas House, Tollgate, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA. Registered in England and Wales. UK Underwriting Ltd and Ageas Insurance Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Think Insure is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (registered number 310071). This can be checked on the FSA's register by visiting the FSA's website at

For an instant quote call:

0800 195 2914
  • Protection plans to suit most needs and budgets
  • Friendly, professional insurance agents on hand to help when you need them

Up to 25 M&S vouchers for you and a friend

Find out how

All About Money Limited © 2013. All rights reserved. 42 Boston Rd, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 7ER.